For Districts and Conferences
Small Group information
These resources will be based on current books by best-selling
United Methodist authors, and each package includes:
• A live, online, “Lead the Leader” session with book authors, to demonstrate the use of their books with small groups. These will begin in early June.
• Digital copies of each book, for distribution to members of the small group.
• A detailed Leader’s Guide in PDF format, which can be used by a group facilitator to walk the group through the session.
• A Powerpoint slideshow that can be used with each weekly session to assist the leader/facilitator in moving the group through the session.
• Participant handouts in PDF format, which can be sent to each group member before each weekly meeting.
Our first two studies, both eight-week sessions, are available at
a discount to United Methodist Districts and Conferences
O P T I O N O N E
by Kay Kotan and Blake Bradford
The ancient church spread rapidly throughout the Mediterranean world and, centuries later, the Methodist Church spread like wildfire on the American frontier, thanks largely to lay Christians who shared the Christian faith in their homes and communities. Over time, our primary church leadership models have emphasized the leadership of the clergy and have devalued the ministry of the laity. IMPACT! offers practical and proven plans to help clergy and laity partner together again to spread the Gospel in a new day and age!
In addition, we will host live, online, “Lead the Leader” sessions, led by Kay Kotan and Phil Maynard. During these sessions, they will offer suggestions on how to use these studies in your small groups.
O P T I O N T W O
by Phil Maynard and Eddie Pipkin
We know we exist to make disciples that reflect the life of Jesus our role model. We also know that disciples are called to make disciples of Jesus. That is our mission. Congregations all over the country are looking for a way to make this mission a reality. They also know that what is currently happening to do this is falling short of the goal. Disciple Like Jesus, a new resource by Dr. Phil Maynard, is designed to address this very issue. Phil presents a deeper understanding of discipleship than ‘butts in the pews’ and ‘dollars in the plate.’ He gives a framework for understanding and living into the life modeled by Jesus and some specific behaviors that help us get there. Phil also shows how very ordinary disciples can do extraordinary work in helping others grow as disciples through the very skills that Jesus demonstrated. Disciple Like Jesus is an invitation to a new vision for discipleship and description of how to bring that vision to reality.